impactXdesign seeks a Communications Associate to work with us as a part-time consultant to strengthen impactXdesign’s brand by developing content and engaging key audiences across analog and digital platforms. Our ideal candidate has proven experience in corporate communications and a good understanding of the kind of work we do to accelerate social impact around the world. As we are a start-up firm, the responsibilities provided in the job description are illustrative; it is anticipated that the job will evolve with the company, and we are looking for someone who is able to grow and adapt with us as our needs change.
Strategy & Project Management
- Identify strategies to build brand recognition across analog and digital platforms
- Build and maintain an editorial calendar
- Coordinate and manage communications activities implemented by others
Content Creation and Management
- Create and update pitch decks and other marketing assets
- Draft press releases, blogs and other communications materials
- Support any website re-design efforts
- Create and manage website content and visuals
- Support the development of proposals, deliverables, presentations and other internal and external communications
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across all outputs
- Manage the company’s social media presence across multiple platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Expand digital audiences, maintain follower lists, engage directly with audiences
- Monitor current social media trends, new platforms and related issues
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated professional with 2-5 years of professional experience and excellent verbal and written communications skills. S/he is already well-known for paying attention to detail and is comfortable working independently and virtually with a diverse team of entrepreneurial professionals.
Here are some of the specific qualifications we seek:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university and GPA of 3.3+
- Excellent working knowledge of how to tailor content and manage audiences across multiple social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
- Understanding of social media management tools (e.g. HootSuite, Edgar)
- Experience with online CRM tools (e.g., Nimble, Insightly)
- Proven experience in creating and/or managing visual content, including graphic design, web design, photography, and digital publishing
- Experience managing web content
- Experience in event/conference planning; support to panel and poster presentations
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, and Mailchimp
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and deliver quality outputs
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Excellent references and writing samples
How to Apply
This position will begin as soon as possible, initially as a part-time consultant, with the possibility of evolving into a staff position as the firm grows. Washington DC is the preferred location.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to email@example.com and mention the job title in the subject line. If you have design experience, please also include a link to your portfolio. In your cover letter, please address why this job is perfect for you, how your skills match the responsibilities and the qualifications, and anything else you would like to share to make your application stand out.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in impactXdesign!